Administrative Users – someone who uses Boardworks for or on behalf of a school, district, local authority or similar organization to distribute eLearning content – e.g. a school’s staff.
Student Users – students who access Boardworks to view learning resources
We use data relating to Administrative Users as detailed below.
Information about Administrative Users
How we use this information
- Information about Administrative Users. We will use this information:
- to provide the Boardworks users access to the services and associated content
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between schools, districts, local authorities or similar organizations and us and to provide Users with the information, products and services requested from us;
- to provide Users with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that a school has already purchased or inquired about;
- to provide Administrative Users, or permit selected third parties to provide Administrative Users, with information about goods or services we feel may interest them. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact Administrative Users by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use Administrative Users’ data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify Administrative Users about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from Boardworks is presented in the most effective manner for Users and the computers being used to access Boardworks;
- for internal record-keeping, reporting, product review and development purposes;
- for the purposes of supporting the provision of Boardworks and dealing with any support requests or customer queries.
Information we collect from All Users
- Information we collect about Users. With regard to each visit to Boardworks we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect a User’s computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about a User’s visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Boardworks (including date and time); pages viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our support number.
How we use this information
- to administer Boardworks and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Boardworks to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for Users and for Users’ computers;
- to allow Users to participate in interactive features of our service, when Users choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Boardworks safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to Administrative Users and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to Users;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to Users of Boardworks about goods or services that may interest Users.
Cookies and Local Storage
|Access_token||Used for authenticating into the platform|
|Access_token_stored_at||Used for authenticating into the platform|
|Refresh_token||Used for authenticating into the platform|
|Expires_at||Used for authenticating into the platform|
|Id_token_claims_obj||Used for authenticating into the platform|
|navShown||User preference on whether to display the collapsed navigation menu or the full navigation menu|
Information we receive from other sources
How we use this information
Disclosure of information
We may share Administrative User personal data with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or a school.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- The school, district, local authority, or other similar organization on whose behalf or under whose direction Users access and use Boardworks.
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Administrative User personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we (or a member of our Group) are acquired, or substantially all of our/its assets are acquired, by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its Administrative Users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store User personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect User personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of User data transmitted to Boardworks; any transmission is at Users’ own risk. Once we have received User information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Administrative Users’ Rights
- find out how we process their data;
- request that their personal data is corrected if they believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction of our, or object to, processing of their personal data;
- transmission of that data to a third party in certain situations;
- if we are relying on consent, the Administrative User can withdraw their consent to our processing of their personal data (including any direct marketing);
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning the Administrative User. We will take steps to verify the Administrative User’s identity before responding to their request. Once we have verified the Administrative User’s identity, we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.