Correlated to the Common Core State Standards and state learning standards
Explore high school geometry with varied and dynamic teaching material, like exciting interactive activities, flexible graphs and diagrams, and summary quizzes. With hundreds of slides of interactive teaching material, the resources are correlated to each of the eight Standards for Mathematical Practice in the Common Core State Standards, as well as state learning standards.
- Useful icons indicate where the material covers each of the eight standards for mathematical practice in Common Core.
- The resources clearly show which presentations match to each standard in Common Core and state learning standards.
Well-organized resources for whatever you're teaching
All presentations are coherently structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to ensure you get the most out of your class time. The interactive menu system in High School Geometry makes it easy to find and select the material you want to teach, letting you preview the lesson before opening it in PowerPoint. You can browse the material by Common Core standards or by topic.
- Typical slides combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with relevant illustrative material.
- Accurate diagrams and topical illustrations supplement key facts and aid overall understanding of the subject.
Time-saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready-prepared and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. This quiz on congruent segments can be used at the start of a lesson to test students' existing knowledge, or to consolidate learning at the end of a topic.
- Interesting and varied interactives enhance classes and motivate your students.
- Comprehensive summary activities aid and consolidate learning.
- Every presentation is kept to a manageable length, so that topics can be taught in focused, bite-sized chunks.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore geometry in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. Many of the activities allow you to alter the values, giving you countless examples, like this activity that allows students to explore angles around a point.
- Use your classroom technology to facilitate class discussion and encourage and focus lively debates.
- Inspire your students with stimulating games, interactive graphs and thoughtful animations.
- Hundreds of interactive activities are embedded throughout the presentations.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Introduce your students to key mathematical ideas in an engaging and accessible manner. Boardworks puts particular emphasis on "modeling with mathematics", and getting students to apply the mathematics they know to solve problems arising in everyday life.
- Support and enhance hands-on learning with thought-provoking interactive graphs, activities and animations.
- Simplify complex mathematical ideas with interactive activities to put learning in context.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks High School Geometry for Common Core, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. You can edit slides and insert your own examples, or integrate your own material to meet the needs of your class.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Activities can be used flexibly, both to support your own teaching methods and to meet the different learning needs of your students.