Hundreds of exciting interactive activities
Explore high school Earth Science with engaging and varied teaching material, like exciting interactive activities, dynamic animations and summary quizzes. With over 50 bite-sized presentations, Boardworks gives you everything you need to teach exciting, inspirational lessons.
- 54 in-depth presentations give you everything you need to teach high school Earth Science.
- The wealth of material contained in the resources helps you to explore and teach high school Earth Science in detail.
Correlated to your state learning standards
All presentations are logically structured and enhanced with a wide range of material to ensure you get the most out of your lessons. Typical slides, like this one about the life cycle of a star, combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with relevant illustrative material.
- The interactive menu system in High School Earth Science makes it easy to find and select the material you want to teach, letting you preview the lesson before opening it in PowerPoint.
- Accurate diagrams and topical illustrations supplement key facts and aid overall understanding of the subject.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready-to-teach, saving you and your colleagues precious time. Animated diagrams, like this one on convection currents in the mantle, help explain complex processes and theories in an appealing and informative way.
- Interesting and varied interactives enhance lessons and motivate your students.
- Comprehensive summary activities aid and consolidate learning.
- Every presentation is kept at a manageable length, so that topics can be taught in focused, bite-sized chunks.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore science in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. Thought-provoking whole-class voting activities, like this one focusing on the causes of climate change, encourage class discussion on topical, science-based issues.
- Use your classroom technology to facilitate class discussion and encourage and focus lively debates.
- Inspire your students with stimulating games, interactive graphs and thoughtful animations.
- Hundreds of interactive activities are embedded throughout the presentations.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Present important scientific ideas and theories in a visually appealing and easily recalled way. This activity is great for introducing students to factors affecting a planet’s orbit, allowing you to alter the settings and observe the results, and bringing the topic to life in a way a textbook never could.
- Support and enhance hands-on learning with thought-provoking virtual experiments and animations.
- Simplify complex scientific theories with interactive diagrams and step-by-step simulations.
- Demonstrate dynamic processes in a unique, thorough and easily understood way.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks High School Earth Science, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. This activity can be used flexibly – ask your students to come up to the board and drag the stages into the correct order, or press the ‘solve’ button to reveal the answers immediately.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Activities can be used flexibly, both to support your own teaching methods and to meet the different learning needs of your students.