Correlated to State Standards
Explore algebra with varied and dynamic teaching material, like this activity investigating perpendicular lines. With 150 bite-sized presentations and hundreds of slides of teaching material, Boardworks gives you everything you need to teach exciting, inspirational lessons.
- The engaging, interactive presentations give you everything you need to teach algebra to students of all levels.
- The wealth of material contained in the resources helps you to explore and teach algebra in detail.
Well-organized resources for whatever you’re teaching
All presentations are coherently structured and enhanced by a wealth of material to ensure you get the most out of your class time. The interactive menu system in High School Algebra I makes it easy to find and select the material you want to teach, letting you preview the lesson before opening it in PowerPoint.
- Typical slides combine the main points for teaching, clearly conveyed, with relevant illustrative material.
- Accurate diagrams and topical illustrations supplement key facts and aid overall understanding of the subject.
Time saving and ready-to-teach
Boardworks lessons are ready prepared and contain a wide variety of resources, saving you and your colleagues valuable preparation time. This activity requiring students to drag the equations to the matching graphs can be used at the start of a lesson to test students’ existing knowledge, or to consolidate learning at the end of a topic.
- Interesting and varied interactives enhance lessons and motivate your students.
- Comprehensive summary activities aid and consolidate learning.
- Every presentation is a manageable length, so that topics can be taught in focused, bite-sized chunks.
Embrace the interactive potential of your whiteboard and explore math in a unique, engaging and stimulating way. Ask students to come up to the board and press on the correct orbiting expression to match the central term. A new central term appears after each correct answer.
- Use your classroom technology to facilitate class discussion and encourage and focus lively debates.
- Inspire your students with stimulating games, interactive graphs and thoughtful animations.
- Hundreds of interactive activities are included throughout the presentations.
A wealth of exciting ideas
Introduce your students to key mathematical ideas in an engaging and accessible manner. In this colorful activity students drag the correct numbers to the intersections so that the total inside each circle is the same.
- Support and enhance hands-on learning with thought-provoking flexible activities.
- Simplify complex mathematical formulas with interactive diagrams and step-by-step simulations.
- Demonstrate dynamic processes in a unique, thorough and easily understood way.
Easy-to-use, flexible resources
With Boardworks High School Algebra I, you can easily tailor the resources to the needs of your students. This activity can be used according to the teacher’s needs – ask your students to solve each step of this calculation, or reveal every stage on the addition pyramid and use the slide as an introduction to adding algebraic fractions.
- All presentations are created in PowerPoint for ease of use, versatility and editability.
- Presentations can be added to and enhanced with your own ideas and resources.
- Activities can be used flexibly, both to support your own teaching methods and to meet the different learning needs of your students.