Working for Boardworks
We are currently recruiting for a number of roles. Please see below for details.
Teachers to author resources
Boardworks is currently looking for practicing or experienced teachers to help plan, author and review a variety of materials for different topic areas. Our authors and reviewers are often full-time teachers who write during evenings, weekends or vacations. No technical knowledge is required; however, a familiarity with PowerPoint and some experience of using technology in the classroom would be an advantage.
We are currently looking for:
High School Algebra teachers familiar with the Common Core State Standards to help develop upcoming assessment products.
Middle School English teachers to assist in the development of a whole-class teaching resource tailored to the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative educator with exciting teaching ideas, then we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please e-mail email@example.com with a resumé and short covering letter, as soon as possible.
Field Sales Territory Manager (E-learning, K-12, Full Time, Home-Based)
Openings available in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore
Boardworks is an educational publisher producing innovative multimedia resources for teaching and learning. A fast-growing nationwide company that operates and sells all over the U.S., Boardworks is at the forefront of the e-learning market, producing pioneering and inspiring educational resources.
- Maximize the sales of Boardworks resources at school and district level within a given territory;
- Be an inspiring representative of the company and grow the company's reputation and business;
- Conduct outstanding product demonstrations within schools and districts;
- Hit and surpass set sales revenue targets on a consistent basis;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product offerings, company processes and the education industry;
- Work with the Sales Manager to ensure alignment with sales strategy;
- Heavy daytime travel within territory; some extended overnight travel across the U.S. also required.
This role is perfect for a candidate with relevant sales experience, looking for an opportunity to flourish within a fast-growing company. The successful candidate will be target-driven and self-motivated. They work best when challenged and busy. There is a genuine and real possibility of progression for talented employees who exceed their sales targets.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree as a minimum. A background in e-learning sales is an advantage.
Marketing Manager for well-funded education tech start-up
We're looking for a very hands-on Marketing Manager or Assistant Marketing Manager, with 2-5 years' experience, to join our talented team communicating how our products can dramatically help both teachers and students.
Boardworks is a Williamsburg, Brooklyn-based educational technology start-up with a mission to transform education across the nation's schools. We produce transformational multimedia products for use by teachers and students across the K12 age range.
We started Boardworks in the UK in the year 2000 and it has grown to be the market leading publisher of highly interactive educational software in the UK. Earlier this year, we (the two founders) relocated to NYC to launch and rapidly grow Boardworks in the U.S., and we're currently recruiting a team to help us do this.
The successful individual will be responsible for all aspects of our marketing in the U.S., initially based on our successful activity in the UK. In particular, this will include responsibility for:
- a high volume of email campaigns
- generation of sales leads
- website development and marketing
- production of videos
- production of case studies
- generation and implementation of integrated social media campaigns.
Initially, the marketing manager will liaise with the marketing department of five based in the UK, and, in due course, the marketing team here will expand through further recruitment.
The successful candidate will be exceptional and have 2–5 years' experience as well as an outstanding academic background. He/she will be highly productive, results-driven, an excellent project manager, a creative thinker, highly commercial, with fantastic copywriting skills and superb judgement.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and there is three weeks' paid vacation (plus public holidays).
To apply, please send a resume and covering letter, and in addition, a 100 word (maximum) description of either a) an interesting social media marketing campaign that has impressed you with its effectiveness in achieving its objectives, or b) an social media marketing campaign idea that you have. Candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered for the role.
To apply, please send a resume, a covering letter and your campaign description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full/part time inside sales
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing company selling market-leading electronic educational resources to the schools market? Boardworks is an educational publisher, producing innovative multimedia resources for teaching and learning. We are a nationwide company that operates and sells all over the U.S., and are at the forefront of the educational market.
We have exciting opportunities for both full time and part time inside sales staff to join our sales team. The role will involve:
- contacting schools and districts to generate product demonstrations with new and existing customers throughout the U.S.
- lead generation, list building, undertaking research and phone and email correspondence
- working closely with the Sales Manager throughout the full sales cycle to help manage the sales pipeline and offer optimum support
This role is perfect for someone who is either a smart recent college graduate or a candidate with 1-3 years of sales experience, looking to kick-start their sales career in a fast-growing company. The ideal candidate would like to learn the business in this role through the training provided and grow quickly into a top-producing sales career. The successful candidate will be extremely target-driven and self-motivated. They will work best when they are challenged, busy, and part of a team.
The successful candidate will:
- be a recent graduate with work and/or internship experience throughout college, or have up to three years sales experience
- have a strong desire to establish a career path in sales within a fast-growing company
- be a self-motivated, target-driven individual with high energy and a positive attitude
- be detail-orientated, with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills to help inform and influence customers
- ideally have knowledge of the education industry.
This varied and exciting role represents an exciting opportunity in an organization that offers real possibilities for promotion for talented employees who exceed their targets.
To apply, please send a resume as soon as possible to email@example.com.